Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Here are some more images. They both look a lot cooler when they're moving.



The shots are going faster than I thought they would. Sad to think about how much time I've spent with after effects in the past year, but I still think it's the best way for me to work right now. For the kind of shorts I like to make, it's always been pound for pound the easiest way to economically get a story and direction across.

after this project, I want to steer in more of a traditional direction. Push as I try, there's definitely an energy in something hand-drawn that is so difficult to produce digitally, whether abstract or realistic. I've got some ideas. We'll see.

3 comments:

Tim Rauch said...

I'd love to see you work any which way pleases you (I suspect the result would always be fantastic) but these AfterEffects films you do are extremely inventive and fun to watch.

Lou Hamou-Lhadj said...

oh man- oh man, oh man.

yo. that would be cool.

i think if you worked wholly traditionally it might force your stories themselves to be more economic.

Paul Pincus said...

I like these.

Do you know Paper Rad's work?...or Marisa Olson's?

Cheers!